Some people welcome the new year with a bang; others enjoy celebrations in moderation, and some people follow certain traditions each year. Read on to enjoy a list of some of the most popular New Year’s traditions…
1. Grapes: This tradition originated in Spain. The ritual involves eating twelve grapes at midnight, in hopes of securing happiness during each of the next twelve months. Bring on the grapes! It can’t hurt.
2. Black-Eyed Peas: You don’t have to be from the south to enjoy some down-home black-eyed peas (and we don’t mean the musicians!). They’re supposed to be good luck.
3. Resolutions: New years mean new beginnings. Celebrate your 2014 resolution of switching to an e-cig with the V2 New Year’s Kit!
4. “Auld Lang Syne”: We all know this popular tune, an adaptation of a Scottish song from the 1800’s. The unfortunate part is that hardly anyone knows the lyrics! Do you?
5. Dropping of the Ball: There’s always excessive buildup to watch a huge sparkly ball take an entire minute to reach its conceptual destination. No thanks. But if that’s your thing, go for it. We still love you.
BONUS FAVORITE TRADITION #6
Celebrate New Year’s Around the Clock: It’s midnight in Miami, but it’s 7 PM in San Francisco… Why not celebrate every hour, on the hour? Live in Dallas and want to celebrate New Year’s from 11 PM – 2 AM? No problem. Just look at a world clock and you’ll be able to count down as many times as you want. With a bit of planning, you could have a lot of fun with this one…
We can’t forget the toast and the fireworks… Grab some bubbly, gaze at the colorful lights in the sky and say CHEERS! Extra points if you have a V2 electric cigarette in your hand. (or around your neck…)
What are some of your favorite New Year’s traditions?