Earth Day may be over, but there are still ways you can contribute to the environment without breaking your back (or your bank account). If you feel like it, you can always take your e-cig on a walk and pick up trash. But if you’re looking to go green and stay low-key, try some of our tips, below.
1. Switch to LED light bulbs: They last longer and provide better lighting than old-fashioned bulbs. V2® Fact: The indicator lights on all V2 ecigs and accessories are LED.
2. Condition your A.C.: Get a smart thermostat and program it to raise the temperature or shut off for at least a few hours each day.
3. Get solar panels: Over time, you’ll save money on electric bills; and, you’ll get one step closer to being “off the grid”, which is pretty cool in itself… To charge small electronics like your smartphone or electric cigarette, pick up a portable solar charger for eco-friendly power on-the-go.
4. Clean out your cleaning cabinet: All you need for a squeaky clean house is white vinegar, baking soda and castile soap. Maybe some antibacterial cleaning wipes too, just for convenience. A simple Google search will yield multiple ways to use these products on any surface in need of a good scrub – even your hair…
5. Drive a hybrid: Not just a status symbol anymore, hybrid vehicles look good, drive well and use less gas; you’ll save money, look like a rock star and lessen your car’s contribution to air pollution.
BONUS: Switching to e cigarettes also benefits the environment; no if’s, ashes or butts! In other words, e cigarettes don’t emit noxious smoke or turn into nasty butts, causing all kinds of pollution. You can recycle your electric cigarette batteries at any center that accepts lithium ion batteries; used cartridges can be cleaned and recycled with other items made of similar materials.
Try one, or all, of these low-key ways to go green. You’ll quickly notice your wallet getting fatter; and you can pat yourself on the back for being so environmentally conscious!