As an innovative technology company, the V2 team loves to stay on top of the latest gadgets and applications. From games, to work-related software to social networking, we love incorporating smart and savvy technology into our everyday lives for work and personal use. Many of our team members recently purchased the new Apple watch and have discovered what they love and dislike about it.
One surprising thing about the Apple watch is that it doesn’t come with a calculator. On the upside, unlike our iPhones, the battery life is great and lasted some of our team members up to three days. There are a variety of apps to choose from and a ton of new features that impressed us. “Taptic Engine” is one new feature that our team appreciated; instead of a ring or loud noise alert when a notification comes in, this feature enables the watch to vibrate in a highly tuned way that mimics the sense of being tapped on the wrist. Whether an alert is going off for an event, email, text or tweet, this feature was one of our favorites and highly appreciated. The Apple watch is a sophisticated tech gadget and our team has compiled our favorite apps below. If you have a favorite Apple watch app, feel free to share it with us in the comment section!
1. Find Near Me – As this app’s name alludes to, it is great for finding the nearest restaurant, grocery store, bookstore, bar, spa and any other business that you need. Find Near Me is not only fast but has a clean interface that makes navigating simple. If you are not interested in the nearest business results for a specific category, you can use the search function to look for specific businesses by name. Once you find your business of choice, the app lists its distance, company website, phone number, reviews and directions. It’s great for vacation trips or even exploring new restaurants or bars in your local area.
2. Trivia Crack – This free apple watch app is fun for gamers who are into trivia and want to test how much they know about random pieces of information. This app connects two opponents and let’s their brains clash online. Players choose from six unique categories of questions and can even collect cool little characters as they go. Once started, the game can be played entirely on the Apple Watch. It is quite entertaining and easy to use when waiting at a doctor’s office or lunch break.
3. Onefootball – We have several soccer fans around the V2 office and this app has enabled our team members to stay focused on their work tasks while getting the latest game updates. Although it is American soccer for our team, or international football for people outside of the U.S., this is the perfect app to get up-to-the-second information about the action happening on football fields across the world. With Onefootball, you can follow your favorite teams on your iPhone, and then use your apple watch to get the latest news on recent matches. If one of your teams scores, or concedes a goal, a ding sound will occur on your wrist, bracing you for potential excitement or disappointment, depending on which team you are rooting for.
4. Dart – As a medium sized company that deals with a lot of emails from various departments, simplifying and managing our email inboxes can be challenging. Dart has made things a bit easier for work and personal email usage. The concept behind Dart on Apple watch is for one user to ask another concise questions and get immediate responses. Users can send multiple-choice answers with a single tap.
5. 1Password – This Apple watch app is great for anyone who has multiple email addresses, social media accounts, bank accounts, online bill pay accounts and private notes. For $9.99, download 1Password and have all of your life’s login information and passwords secured with a four-digit PIN. The interface is sleek and you can get to any password information within one or two clicks.