If you are new to vaping and e-cigs – you may be wondering how they work, what they do and how to use one. First, let’s answer the obvious- What is “Vaping”? It is the most frequently used term for the act of employing an electronic device (or e-cig) to produce vapor that the user then inhales.
According to the Daily Dot, “A Brief History of Vaping” provides some background on the topic.
In April of 1963, a man named Herbert Gilbert filed a patent for what he called a “Smokeless, non-tobacco cigarette.” The rudimentary device was comprised of a battery, heating element, and a narrow tube that replicated the look and feel of a real cigarette. This patent, which would expire before Gilbert managed to create a commercial version of the device, is the first known example of an e-cig.
At the time, and for decades afterward, the technology to build a usable, reliable electronic cigarette simply wasn’t available, and if it was, it was still too bulky and expensive to be widely adopted or sold.
That has all changed. Vapes are now sleeker, and more compact- making them easier to use and take along with you. Since then, vapes and e-cigs have developed and improved drastically to the products you see on the market today. The technology continues to advance, creating the best experience possible for vape users.
Now that you have some historical background, and know what you’re working with, to get started you can learn more about an e-cig, the battery, cartridge, how they work and more in Vaping 101.
Once you’ve made it through the first steps, and have purchased your own V2 vape pen or e-cig, you will need to take good care of it.
Here are some important tips for best using, keeping and caring for your vape pen:
- Keep it clean
- Use manufacturer approved batteries, charging devices and accessories
- Store appropriately
(For more information on how to clean, store and care for your device, read Caring for Your E-Cig.)
Additionally, we have included some helpful resource articles which will help you learn a bit more on how to vape and keep your device in the best possible shape.
Follow our round-up of helpful information.
- Vaping Vocabulary– Confused about the buzzwords or need to learn the terms involved in vaping? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
- How Much Nicotine is in Your Vape?- Did you know you can have just a little nicotine or none at all? Learn more about the different levels available at com.
- Vaping Courtesy and Common Sense– When using e-cigs, we want to be respectful of those around us, and obey local laws.
- In researching or discussing the industry, you may have encountered some Vaping Misconceptions, so let us help clear any confusion.
As always, be safe and smart with your e-cig. Don’t use it around people who aren’t accustomed to the vapor without asking first, or in areas where it is prohibited.
Have any questions about getting started with your vape? Leave a comment below.