V2 Scholarship Program
Even with the steady decline in smoking rates, many people have been affected in one way or another by the hazards of smoking. Whether it's through the loss of a family member, the illness of a neighbor, or even the annoying second-hand smoke of a friend. In fact, it's been proven that the reaches of cigarettes extend far beyond the smoker, impacting other people who share space with that person and even making our pets sick.
At V2, we think the first step towards a smoke-free world is education. That's why we're inviting you to participate in an essay contest and compete to win one of three scholarships.
V2 Scholarships are awarded to incoming graduate and undergraduate college students who are at least 18 and of legal smoking age in their state. Scholarships of $3K, $2K, or $1K will be awarded to the three students whose essays were judged to be the most expressive, creative, and just plain awesome. Essays must be at least 1,000 words in length and focus on one (or more) of the following topics:
- The negative impact of smoking on public health
- What role vapor products may have in minimizing smoking’s negative effects
- Should vapor products and cigarettes be regulated the same way?
- How has public perception of smoking changed in the past ten years?
Official Rules for the V2 Scholarship:
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Students eligible for scholarship submission ("Students") must be legal residents of the United States, currently enrolled in school, and at least 18 years of age on or before their scholarship entry. Previous winners of the V2 Scholarship are not eligible to enter again. All scholarship dates and deadlines will be updated on a repeated basis to reflect the current scholarship offered. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Students will go to https://www.v2.com/learn/scholarship/ to read about the scholarship requirements, relevant dates, and submit an entry.
All entries must be submitted via email to email@example.com by the application deadline for each scholarship period.
Scholarship Description: The V2 Scholarship is an essay competition in which students will be judged based on their response to the prompts provided. Each submission must follow these guidelines:
- The text must be between 1000-1500 words
- Essay font must be 12pt
- All essay submissions should address the specific question or topic provided in the prompt. All submissions should be original content, and must not have been previously published, released, or distributed. All submissions must be unique and created exclusively by the student who submits the material.
- Essay submissions may be published publically to the V2 Scholarships webpage. Publication of your submission must not violate any legal obligations. V2 disclaims any and all liability for any infringement of any third parties' rights in any submission caused by you.
- Essays are expected to follow a standard organized, academic format.
- Essays are expected to follow rules of grammar, mechanics, and academic language.
Only one entry per person for each scholarship period. Scholarship entry dates will be updated according to the current scholarship offered. Any attempt by a student to submit more than one essay for a current scholarship may result in disqualification. All entries must be submitted prior to the current scholarship's entry end date.
The winning submission(s) for scholarship awards will be based on writing that is clear, articulate and logically organized. Winning essays must demonstrate an outstanding grasp of academic writing. Students who receive the scholarship once are not eligible for resubmission; although students who do not receive the award are encouraged to re-submit for later scholarships. V2 is not responsible for Student's internet service outage, delays, or any technological malfunction that could prevent an individual from submitting their essay on time.
- 1st Prize: $3,000
- 2nd Prize: $2,000
- 3rd Prize: $1,000
Scholarships shall be awarded to the top three winning essay submissions each scholarship period. Scholarship winners will be required to sign and submit an electronic Publicity Release and Acceptance Form as a condition of receiving the V2 Scholarship. No cash equivalent, substitution, or transfer is permitted. Scholarship winners are responsible for all taxes and expenses associated with the prize. The prize will be made payable to the recipient’s accredited college, university, or institution of higher learning.
All entries must be submitted prior to the current scholarship period's entry deadline, as follows:
- December 31st, 2017 for the Spring 2018 semester (CANCELLED)
- Due to a lack of applicants, we are rolling our Application Deadline to May 31st, 2018:
- May 31st, 2018 for the Fall 2018 semester
All winners will be notified within 30 days after the application deadline for each scholarship period. Winners will be notified via email or phone. Non-recipients will not be notified. All applicants will be notified when the applicants are awarded, and those essays will be viewable online. Failure by potential winners to respond to such contact within 10 days after V2's attempt may result in disqualification of potential winner in which an alternate winner could be selected.
Scholarship awards must be used for educational expenses at a qualifying institution. Applicants must be enrolled full time in an undergraduate program at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university ("Qualifying Institution").
By participating, Students agree:
- To the use of their names, photos, video and any such images in any media, including without limitation on the internet and in social media, for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes in relation to this program without prior written consent or compensation;
- To these official rules;
- To release, discharge, and hold harmless V2, from any and all claims or damages arising out of, in any way, their participation in the V2 Scholarship.
- V2 reserves the right to suspend, cancel, or extend the V2 Scholarship at any time, with or without notice. V2 reserves the right to interpret these rules and to make all decisions regarding the award(s) and recipient(s) not covered by these rules.
Call: 877-37-VAPOR (82767)